Have you ever considered giving your time to help improve your community?
Most of us answer yes to this question. But that only presents another question. How?
If you love animals you probably want to help, and here are some suggestions.
There are so many opportunities in Sonoma County to improve the lives of people and animals through helping animals.
Things you can do for animal rescue and shelter organizations:
- Reuniting lost pets with their owners
- Helping find good homes for unwanted pets
- Spending time walking and playing with dogs who live in kennels
- Petting and cuddling with cats who live temporarily in cages
- Cleaning the cages in which lost animals live during their shelter stay
- Helping non-profit groups at their fundraisers
- Working at special events held to help animals
- Caring for baby animals which would otherwise die painful deaths or be "put to sleep"
Check with the Shelter of your choice to volunteer your support
Things you can do on your own
- Rescuing animals in distress (cautiously and carefully) and taking them to the appropriate shelter or hospital
- Providing opportunities to the sick and elderly to spend time with pets
- Talking to children about responsibility for the humane care of animals
- Understanding your limitations and not taking on pets you can't give the care and attention they need
»About George, found after 13 years!
A Lost Pet
If Your Pet Gets Lost
Quality of Life
When a Pet Dies
Sonoma County Shelters
Adopting a Pet
Pet Assisted Therapy